Tuesday, July 28, 2009

PING PONG

Yesterday my mom and I ate at Melts. We split the Kindergartner (Grilled Cheese sandwich) with pepper jack cheese and fried tofu.  It is the perfect meal.  I could never eat it all by myself so it is a good thing my mom and I like the same things.  Later that night, we went to Mally's for hot fudge sundays.  While we were there we were talking about aping pong tournament we had with Mark and his kids (I was reserve champion).  I said I was going to practice at Mount Vernon.  Then my mom said we could practice at Mark's house because they were out of town.  So we went over and played a few games.  I lost all of them but the last game was a close one.  Our rule was "win by two" and at one point I was up 21-20.  But I lost.  I was worn out because I play ping pong a lot like tennis.  I have a two handed backhand, I split-stop, I use my legs.  It is basically tennis.  I am going to wear tennis shoes next time because I had slight rug-burn on my feet from all the split-stopping.  

Today I went to the doctors.  I had to get a shot :(
I think I handled it pretty well though.  Sometimes they make me sit there for fifteen minutes after and they give me popsicles because I turn pale.  But this time I got to leave right after my shot.
My arm still hurts though :(

2 comments:

  1. So your Mom has not lost her ping pong skills! We used to play quite a bit when we were younger. (notice how I said young-er and not young) Anyway, hope your arm feels better soon. Looking forward to chatting with you soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, Oh yes you played a lot of ping pong in the living room while I worked. Oh who was the champion in 1976?

    Lauren, Congradulations lolo - keep practicing because practice makes perfect. oh i forgot you are perfect.

    ReplyDelete