Wednesday, November 17, 2010

This blog goes out to Pa...

This blog goes out to Pa since I'm wearing a Mossy Oak hat from TSC. Well let me start off by telling you about how I got this hat.
At Tractor Supply we have an "Item of the Month" every month. This month it was mini LED flashlights. We are supposed to sell 25 a day but that doesn't always happen. Anyways, there are a few of us that actually do try and we usually sell between 20 and 30. But there are a couple of cashiers that don't ask anyone, therefore they sell like 3. So because of this our boss Jerry decided to make it a competition. On Sunday, Jerry told us that whoever sold more would get a hat and a soda. About half way through the day we had already sold 50 flashlights, so we asked Jerry what we could get if we sold completely out of flashlights (that would be 91 flashlights). He asked us what we wanted if that happened and we told him that we both wanted a hat. So he said okay and we had a deal.
Kayle and I told a lot of our customers about the competition. They really got into it also. I wish I could tell you all the stories but I just don't have that much time to write. So I'll just tell you a couple of the stories.
I had a husband and wife come up to my register, when i asked them if they would like a flashlight they said no thanks, then the husband walked away to look at something. I continued to tell the lady about the competition. She then decided to get two flashlights! Her husband came back and said "What are you doing?!?" and she was like "ITS A COMPETITION!" It was quite comical.
Another man later in the day was pretty rude when I asked it he wanted a flashlight. Then he said "Do they make you ask?" and I was like "Yeah". Then he asked what happened if we didn't ask. I replied "Nothing, But if i sell the most I get this hat." At this point he was done checking out. He asked if I wanted the hat and i said "Yes." Then he bought a flashlight.
It was a very fun day. We did sell out of flashlights. I sold 49 and Kayle sold 42. So it was close but I would have won (she was even there 2 more hours then me.) But it was really exciting that we both got hats. We both picked the same one. Here it is!


4 comments:

  1. Funny storys you some how make the hat look good. love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. MOM---Duh.. Lauren makes everything look good. Lucky for you, you're her mom... And you look good, too!

    LAUREN---I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say... It is Lolo that makes the hat look good. Without her head to sit on I would expect the wearer to be spittin' t'baccy:)

    ReplyDelete