So the other night I was driving back to campus when I saw a big turtle in the middle of cougar drive. I did not want the turtle to get ran over because it was so big and beautiful. I could not let that happen. Another car with three college students in it stopped right after I did. We didn't know how to move it (cause it was a snapping turtle).
I called peter because he knows things like this, and he told me you have to step on its shell so that it can not stand up and turn around and strike you, and then grab him by his tail and move him. Well, none of us were brave enough to do that.
A few cars stopped to see if we needed anything, when they asked i would tell them all they have to do it step on the turtle, grab its tail, and move it off the road. But no one wanted to help the turtle and they just drove away.
So finally, the three people said they would wait there if I wanted to go get peter to move him. So thats what we did. Peter got the turtle. It was huge. It was an alligator snapping turtle and its tail looked like an alligators. But anyways, peter carried him away toward the river so that he will not get ran over. It was a fun night.
I don't know if any of you watch swamp people, but peter was acting like he was on swamp people. (I'm sure Pa will understand this one).
And I only have to worry about rattlers, scorpions, and tarantulas!
ReplyDelete